Cost effective storage and editing for long-term film projects
RDF Television uses Forscene for convenient storage, remote access and editing of its media throughout long-term reality film projects.
The company produces over 100 hours of network factual television every year for principal broadcasters, filming contributors from all across the country.
RDF needed a solution to support a three-year ongoing project with sporadic filming throughout its duration. For this, they needed to consistently access and log their media with the option to edit whenever required – without any major investment in storage or edit suites.
Keeping all of their media on Avid storage throughout the duration of the project would have proved too expensive. Hardware-based storage at the office would only allow them to view the media without editing.
Video editing on demand in the cloud
- On-site ingest: Film rushes are sent to RDF West in Bristol where they are ingested and uploaded via the Forscene Edge server
- Cost-effective cloud storage: RDF have access to all of their content in the Forscene cloud without associated storage costs. With scalable pricing, they only pay for what they use
- Professional NLE: Forscene’s complete palette covers video editing for all media industries
- Remote access and collaboration: The production team in London have concurrent remote access to the media stored in Forscene. They can collaborate via Forscene’s live chat while working on the video content simultaneously
- Integrating with the Avid workflow: Edit metadata from Forscene can be exported via AAF to continue the edit in the Avid
Get in touch
Forscene provides RDF with a convenient cloud platform for their post-production workflow without unnecessary investment in expensive editing suites.
To find out how Forscene can benefit your broadcast production, get in touch today.
Cloud-based eSports workflow for Gfinity
20th September 2017
Forscene at IBC 2017 – here’s what’s in store
12th September 2017
Forbidden’s Vision: the Why
4th July 2017
3 Post-Event Tactics to Wow Music Fans
12th June 2017
Jo Woolf delivering essential training for Edit Producers with Forscene
9th June 2017